Skip to Main Content
- Page titles should be brief, clear, informative, and unique.
- When adding new pages in LibGuides, the "Page Name" field is equivalent to the "Title" field.
- Headings help in organizing a web page.
- When creating headings in LibGuides make sure to use the actual heading option and don't just make them visually look different.
Alt-Text for Images
- Adding alt-text to your images is an accessibility best practice.
- In LibGuides there are several ways to add alt-text to images.
- You can add "default" alt-text to an image by using the "Image Manager" to upload the image.
- Each time you reuse an image its default alt-text will be attached.
- This greatly increases the odds alt-text won't be overlooked (especially for images in your shared library.)
- You can also add /change alt-text when you add an image in a Rich Text/HTML.
How to add default alt-text to an image via the Image Manager:
- Go to Content in top menu bar
- Click on Image Manager in drop down menu
- In the Image Manager window, upload a new image, then click on the thumbnail or and/ click on the thumbnail of image already uploaded to add default alt-text. (Make sure to click on the actual image and not link icon.)
- In the Edit Image Properties window, enter your alt-text into the Alternative Text field.
- Click the Save button.
How to add alt-text to an image you add via the Rich Text/HTML box:
- Select "Add Rich Text/ HTML"
- In the "Image Properties" window type in the alt-text in the "Alternative Text" field.
How to create Lists and Tables
- Do not create lists or tables manually, use the built in formatting.
- Do not use tables for layout.
- When creating tables make sure to add table row headings.
Check Color Contrast