Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What's on this page about WordPress Guttenberg block editor?
WordPress Guttenberg Block Editor Accessibility Instructions
Finding accessible-ready WordPress.Org themes
- Go to https://wordpress.org/themes/
- Click "Feature Filter"
- Check the "Accessibility Ready" box in the "Features" column
- Click "Apply Features"
Page or Post Title
- The first block of every post or page is the title.
- After that, you can use the mouse to move below the title or press the enter key on your keyboard to move down and start writing.
- Select the plus sign to add a new block
- Select Heading
- Select Heading Level
Create Alt-text for Images
When adding an image look to the image settings in the Block options to add alt-text (alternative text)
How to create Lists
- Do not create lists or tables manually, use the built in formatting.
How to create accessible links
- Highlight meaningful link text
- Select the link icon (Ctrl + K)
- Type in your URL in the URL box
- Click on the arrow to activate your link
- To select where the link opens when selected, click on the 3 dots to the right of the arrow to open up the link settings.
- Here you can decide if the link opens up in the current window/tab or in a new window/tab