ISKME is committed to making its OERC (OER Commons) Platform usable and accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability, and provides a number of features that support the accessibility of the OERC Platform:
- The “Learner Options” feature allows you to change the display of some elements of the site to meet your unique viewing preferences.
- Pages on the OERC Platform are intended to be compatible with screen readers and accessible to keyboard navigation.
- Additionally, authoring tools on the OERC Platform are built with well-formed HTML semantic tagging structures whenever possible, which include ARIA long descriptions, image captions, and embedded A11y accessibility mode microdata.
- The OERC Platform supports several AFA and A11y metadata fields.
- Use the Accessibility criteria in Advanced Search to find resources that include features such as ARIA long descriptions, transcripts, and captions, or that support specific learning modes such as auditory, visual, or textual.
Limitations to Accessibility.
While ISKME strives to ensure the accessibility of the OERC Platform, you may find some limitations. Please report any problems to the ISKME support team at OER Commons (email@example.com). For fastest processing, please include the phrase “Accessibility Request” in the subject line and in the body of your message.